Sandra Lee Photography and Jakey's Fork Photography presents …
WYOMING – A Photographic Tour
“Rocky Mountain Bighorn Sheep Rut”
December 9 – 13, 2024
Registration NOW OPEN! Inquire HERE.
*** Book before July 1st for a $200 discount. ***
Workshop leaders – Sandy Zelasko & Bill Sincavage
"Congrats Bill!" See Bill's recent Instagram post HERE.
December is prime time for Rocky Mountain Bighorn Sheep rutting behavior near the rustic town of Dubois, WY in Torrey Valley. Your workshop leaders have scheduled this tour during the most reliable week to photograph the annual rut. Bill is a resident in the valley and keeps a watchful eye on the heartbeat of the herd. True wildlife photographers and bighorn aficionados understand the timing and what it takes to achieve impactful images. The rut happens during winter when male bighorn rams, come together to show their strength and dominance. Anyone who wants to capture the explosive head-butting action needs to be there!
This workshop is designed for all levels of photo enthusiasts. An understanding of basic photography principles is recommended. To view what the action will look like on this tour, check out Bill's YouTube channel HERE. If time allows, we'll make a trip to the National Bighorn Sheep Center so you can learn more about the Rocky Mountain species of bighorn and the many other species of bighorn in the world.
Join us in Torrey Valley for some wicked bighorn sheep action!
Included in the Rocky Mountain Bighorn Sheep Rut Tour is personal photographic instruction and attention, small instructor to student ratio, transportation during the workshop, knowledgeable, enthusiastic leaders with years of photographic experience, all entrance fees, welcome dinner, snacks and water.
Not included: transportation to/from Twin Pines Lodge, Dubois, Wyoming, meals, alcoholic beverages, trip insurance or gratuities.
You'll get ...
- Trip leader/instructors, Sandy Zelasko and Bill Sincavage, who will work to get you in the right place at the right time for stunning imagery.
- 25+ years of combined instructional experience, insured, licensed, CPR/AED/First Aid certified.
- Zoom session prior to workshop scheduled November 18, 2024 at 7 PM Mountain Time.
- Image critiques in the field and one evening of post-processing instruction / discussion as a group.
- Enthusiastic, passionate and experienced nature photographer pros at your side!
Thank you for considering the Rocky Mountain Bighorn Sheep Rut Tour for your next photo adventure!
- Please arrive in time to accommodate the workshop start time of Monday, December 9th at 5 PM.
- Check-in to your preferred accommodations. We recommend Twin Pines Lodge and Cabins, https://www.twinpineslodgeandcabins.com/. We will be picking you up each day at this location. (More lodging choices below.)
- Workshop commences at 5:00 PM, Monday, December 9th at a predetermined location (TBD) with a Meet & Greet, group dinner (included) and photography tips.
- The next four days will be filled with photographic opportunities at various locations in the area. Depending on bighorn sheep action, we may photograph other winter wildlife in the area.
- Workshop ends Friday, December 13th at 10:00 AM.
DETAILS and RESOURCES:
- Lodging information: https://www.duboiswychamber.org/lodging#!directory/lbl=61e2520e47e21a3150560945
- Your instructors have an exciting workshop planned for you however, note that this itinerary will be flexible in response to weather, lighting, availability of animals, client safety and/or desires of the group.
- A typical day will go something like this: In the field approximately 7:30 AM to photograph sunrise, scenery and wildlife in the area. Depending on photographic conditions, we may break for lunch then resume photographing in the afternoon until approximately 4:00 PM. Most evenings are on your own. One evening will be reserved for post-processing and image discussion. Please bring your computer with editing software and card reader.
- Plan your breakfast to go. We may not have a chance to eat breakfast before leaving each day. You may wish to shop for breakfast items in Dubois where you will find the nearest grocery store. Your hosts will have water and snacks for you while in the field but we suggest planning carefully by bringing preferred food items with you. Please let us know if you have food allergies or a medical condition that might conflict with our snack choice. We will do our best to accommodate your needs. Bring a refillable water bottle.
- Suggested packing lists, safety schedule and other information will be sent to you upon registration. Winter clothing and sturdy footwear is required for this workshop. Snowy conditions are likely.
- Dubois, WY has fuel, eateries, lodging, a local grocery store, bowling alley and other amenities but is a small cowboy town. The nearest large town is Jackson Hole which is approximately a two hour drive over the Continental Divide. This drive should be made with care especially during winter conditions. Please allow yourself ample driving time, carry chains, food, water and a charged phone.
- $2295.00 per participant.
- Open to a maximum of 8 participants (minimum of 5 participants necessary to run the workshop).
- 30% deposit due at registration. Balance due 45 days prior to workshop.
- Make payment out to Sandra Lee Photography and mail to 15864 Severino Lane, Valley Center, CA 92082 or call 760-749-2174 to pay with a credit card. Visa, MasterCard, PayPal, check or money order are all acceptable forms of payment.
Still have questions? Contact Sandy at [email protected] or Bill at [email protected] and we will do our best to get you the information you need!
Sandra Lee Photography is not responsible for cancellations due to medical or other emergencies or reimbursement of non-refundable airline tickets in the event of a workshop cancellation. Please consider purchasing travel insurance.
Please enjoy the IMAGE GALLERY below ... a representative sampling of what is possible!