Sandra Lee Photography and Jakey's Fork Photography presents …
WYOMING – A Photographic Workshop
“Wind River Photographer's Retreat”
September 23 – 28, 2024
Registration NOW OPEN! Inquire HERE.
Workshop leaders – Sandy Zelasko & Bill Sincavage
We are at it again! It's the 4th Annual Wind River Photographer's Retreat and we are ready. Returning to an emphasis on North American wildlife. Join Sandy Zelasko and Bill Sincavage in the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem, for an exciting six day photography workshop based out of the historic Togwotee Mountain Lodge.
Nestled near the headwaters of the Wind River, this world-class photographer's paradise is characteristic of the old west where participants will experience some of the best the area has to offer. Landscapes far and wide with big Wyoming skies. Experience and photograph geologic panoramas and sculpted summits along with iconic wildlife such as bear, elk, moose, pronghorn and bison.
September is prime time to delight in the distinctive music of a bull elk's song, to photograph the action of the American bison rut, to capture Shiras moose stripping velvet from their antlers and to celebrate the vibrant color palette of surrounding cottonwood and aspen groves.
This workshop is designed for all levels of photo enthusiasts. An understanding of basic photography principles is recommended.
Join us in Wind River Country. Make yourself at home and fall in love with the heartbeat of Wyoming!
Included in the Wind River Photographer's Retreat is personal photographic instruction and attention, small instructor to student ratio, 5 nights lodging, transportation during the workshop, shuttle to and from the Jackson Hole airport to the lodge, knowledgeable, enthusiastic leaders with years of photographic experience, welcome dinner, all entrance fees, snacks and water.
Not included: airfare to/from Jackson Hole, WY (JAC), meals (except the first night), alcoholic beverages, trip insurance or gratuities.
You'll get ...
- Trip leader/instructors, Sandy Zelasko and Bill Sincavage, who will work to get you in the right place at the right time for stunning imagery.
- 25+ years of combined instructional experience, insured, licensed, CPR/AED/First Aid certified.
- Authorized Permittee of Grand Teton National Park.
- Zoom session prior to workshop scheduled September 9, 2024 at 7 PM Mountain Time.
- Post-workshop Zoom critique scheduled October 14, 2024 at 7 PM Mountain Time. Image critiques in the field.
- Enthusiastic, passionate and experienced nature photographer pros at your side!
Thank you for considering the "Wind River Photographer's Retreat" for your next photo adventure!
- Your shuttle from Jackson Hole airport is scheduled to leave at 2:00 PM Monday, September 23rd. Please make sure your flight will accommodate the shuttle time. If you miss your shuttle it will be your responsibility to find transportation to the lodge. Check-in upon arrival.
- Workshop commences at 4:00 PM, Togwotee Mountain Lodge with a Meet & Greet. Dinner to follow.
- The next five days will be filled with photographic opportunities at various locations including inside Grand Teton National Park and surrounding wilderness areas.
- Workshop ends Saturday, September 28th at 9:00 AM. Check-out. Shuttle back to Jackson Hole airport leaves the lodge at 11:00 AM. Please plan your flight to accommodate the shuttle time (lodge to airport is approximately one hour).
- It may be necessary to find other accommodations in Jackson Hole to extend your stay.
DETAILS and RESOURCES:
- Togwotee Mountain Lodge has fuel, lodging, a restaurant, bar and gift shop. Togwotee Mountain Lodge is located at 27655 Hwy 26 & 287, Moran, WY 83013. Lodge contact information, https://www.togwoteelodge.com/ or 866-278-4245.
- Your instructors have an exciting workshop planned for you however, note that this itinerary will be flexible in response to weather, lighting, availability of animals, client safety and/or desires of the group. Participants will be in the field each day from dawn until dusk. Lunch breaks will be taken as a group. You are welcome to pack a lunch however we will have access to eateries each day.
- A typical day will go something like this: In the field by civil twilight (this time of year that will be approximately 6:30 AM depending on where we will start the day) to photograph sunrise, scenery and wildlife in the area. Depending on what we find, we may stay in a location a significant length of time before moving on to the next scheduled spot. We will break for lunch then resume photographing in the afternoon until twilight (approximately 8:00 PM).
- Plan your breakfast to go. We may not have a chance to eat breakfast before leaving each day. You may wish to shop for breakfast items in Jackson Hole where you will find the nearest grocery store. Your hosts will have water and snacks for you while in the field but we suggest planning carefully by bringing preferred food items with you. Please let us know if you have food allergies or a medical condition that might conflict with our snack choice. We will do our best to accommodate your needs. Bring a refillable water bottle.
- Suggested packing lists, safety schedule and other information will be sent to you upon registration.
- $3850.00 per participant, private room / $3300.00 per participant, shared room.
- Open to a maximum of 8 participants (minimum of 5 participants necessary to run the workshop).
- 30% deposit due at registration. Balance due 45 days prior to workshop.
- Make payment out to Sandra Lee Photography and mail to 15864 Severino Lane, Valley Center, CA 92082 or call 760-749-2174 to pay with a credit card. Visa, MasterCard, PayPal, check or money order are all acceptable forms of payment.
Still have questions? Contact Sandy at [email protected] or Bill at [email protected] and we will do our best to get you the information you need!
Sandra Lee Photography is not responsible for cancellations due to medical or other emergencies or reimbursement of non-refundable airline tickets in the event of a workshop cancellation. Please consider purchasing travel insurance.
Please enjoy the IMAGE GALLERY below ... a colorful sampling of what is possible!